Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas!


I know, it's been a long time since I've posted anything. I don't have a good excuse, so I'm not even going to try!

December was full of busy fun! As usual, it came and went in the blink of an eye. Chris had to work Christmas day, so we celebrated on Christmas Eve. Our parents came over, and we enjoyed a nice holiday dinner, then opened gifts. Like many others this year, Chris and I decided to tone down the gifts this year, and limit Santa to bringing only two gifts each. I was a little worried about it, since Santa usually spoils the kids, but we had a budget and we faithfully stuck to it. I don't think the kids even noticed! They were so happy with what the gifts they did get, and very thankful. It was a small, but very special Christmas! The best part about it - I won't have a stroke when the credit card bill comes next month! The electric bill, however, is another story.

I am a little sad about our tree. We have one of those really nice, realistic looking fake ones. It's supposed to be a Black Forest Spruce, I think, and it has almost 1000 white lights (don't get me started on the never-ending white lights/colored lights debate Chris and I have). Anyway, it has a section of lights that just stopped working. Chris claims he has spent more than enough time looking for the problem, and can't figure out what why they won't work. Translated, he basically means that they're going to stay that way, so suck it up and throw a strand of lights on it next year. Secretly, I think he's doing a mental happy dance, because he's never been a fan of the fake tree. Or the white lights. He gives me major grief about it every year, despite the fact that it's a beautiful, non-combustible, sturdy tree, and paid for itself three Christmas's ago. It brings to mind my favorite holiday movie, A Christmas Story. I think that the tree is my Major Award, and he broke it. ON PURPOSE. Speaking of leg lamps, guess what Chris got for Christmas? Yep, he got his own "Major Award", ready to place proudly in front of our window next year! Hee hee....thanks mom-in-law!

Chris does get grumpy about the tree, but he's a great gift-giver! This year I got Lightroom 2 to edit my pictures, pj's, and underwear, which I asked for, in his defense. He got binoculars, and a laser level from my mom. You should have seen him with that level, he was so stoked. It was his Red Rider BB gun! Ok....I really need to stop it with the Christmas Story stuff already.

Here are some pictures from Christmas!






3 comments:

Julie said...

I'm so excited you gave and update! More please!

Ben's 3 girls said...

Thanks for the update...it makes blogging more fun when there are more to read! Great shots of the kids on Christmas...can't wait to see the window next year with Chris's trophy:)

The Gutierrez Family said...

Chores are a sore subject in every house! I am sad there is no info on the feathered visitor you had over break!